POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : POV-Win and Macro File Associations : Re: POV-Win and Macro File Associations Server Time
28 Jul 2024 06:17:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Win and Macro File Associations
From: Ken
Date: 2 Oct 1999 09:04:50
Message: <37F6027E.F5AA9BC0@pacbell.net>
Chris Colefax wrote:

> I really don't know how much logic was involved...at any rate, here's one
> possible solution: if you rename the *.MCR files to have both a MCR
> extension *and* an INC extension (eg. AUTOCLCK.MCR becomes AUTOCLCK.MCR.INC)
> then you should be able to include the files as before (using #include
> "AUTOCLCK.MCR" without the INC extension), and still have the files properly
> recognised as POV-Ray include files: the best of both worlds, perhaps?

  I have close to 60 different macro files with a .mcr extention that
would require changing if I followed your suggestion. Additionaly other
platforms that I may wish to share files with would most likely choke
on this suggested format.

  Not being a windows programmer I have no clue as to how difficult
it would be to add support for a new extention. I say if it is fairly
easy to add support for then do so. If it's a major hassle then kiss
the idea off and I will crawl back under my rock and leave it alone.

Nothing ventured nothing gained.

--
Ken Tyler
1100+ Povray, Graphics, 3D Rendering, and Raytracing Links: